As you might have noticed, I did't finish the second plein air today. In the middle of the painting I realized that I had no idea how to continue. So I decided that instead of hours of confusing brush testing I rather try new brushes on different subject. Something easier this time.
I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. Since the whole
composition was farely easy I had more time to focus on the rocky
texture, and I can tell you, live is so much easier with the specific
brushes for specific job. So instead of muddy and blurry brush strokes
from the first plein air I ended up with nice crisp rocky texture. I still have to work out the reflections though...